Date: 24 - 28 May 2021
Security level: Non-sensitive information releasable to the public
Tuition Fee: FREE
Seats: min 10, max 18 participants
Deadline for enrolment: 12 April 2021
The aim of this course is to familiarize the course participants with the Introduction to the International CBRN Training Curriculum for Trainers of First Responders; to provide knowledge and understanding required for the implementation of the Introduction to the International CBRN Training Curriculum for Trainers of First Responders within their own nations, and to enhance interoperability among first responders in an international response to CBRN events. This course is organized in close cooperation with the Civil Emergency Planning Committee (CEPC).
- Understand the security context behind national and international CBRN preparedness and response;
- Understand the methods employed to recognize a CBRN incident;
- Understand the protection of responders and safety of victims;
- Understand the decontamination options at a CBRN incident;
- Understand basic medical and psychological considerations in relation to CBRN incidents;
- Understand the basic principles of detection and sample taking;
- Understand the principles of command and control in relation to CBRN incidents;
- Understand the implications of bilateral or international assistance for local first responders.
The course is expected to train already existing CBRN trainers to improve their knowledge in the field of CBRN Defence. Participants should have concrete experience in fire and rescue, police or paramedic services, or similar activities (civilian and military) and with training activities in this field. It is expected that attendees will have experience in delivering CBRN training to first responders and have good English language skills.
Each national representative will be expected to give a 5 to 10 minutes presentation on their national structures/capabilities (Disaster Management and CBRN Response Capabilities).
Students are expected to undergo "ADL Pre-Learning for the Introduction to the International CBRN Training Curriculum Course".